• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connection Testing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ishakir

Hey guys,

This is my first post after going broadband from dialsuck!! :) :) :)

Anyways, the connection I have is fixed wireless and they give you a 30 day trial period to decide whether or not you like the service. I've run connection tests and im getting (on average) 1000/800. Now this is great but I want to rigourously test the connection before I decide if I should keep it or not.

Prime95 is to system stability as ________ is to connection reliability?

Know any programs that pretty much test the crap out of your connection?

Thanks for the help!
-Ish-

I don't think there is a "stress test" for connections but you can download NetStatLive from www.analogx.com to track your download speeds.

I would find out what their SLA is before committing to a contract.

-Bobby

There's no contract I'll be bound to. It's just that equipment costed about 250 dollars so I wanted to make sure that I wanted to stay with them. Currently, there's no cable or DSL in the area. I've been using dial-up for about 3 years now and the speeds im getting right now are amazing compared to before.

Well, the download speed looks a bit below average (1500 or more usually) but the upload speed looks really good. If they can keep it around those speeds, I think it'd be worth it. How much is it a month?

-Bobby

I think that's a pretty good deal considering it's about the same as cable or dsl and you can't get either in your area.

-Bobby

The only bad thing about wireless "modems" is the ping.. So when you're playing a game online, it's kind of rough trying to hit something that really isn't there. :D

Back