• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless 2.4GHZ phone next to my monitor giving my monitor lines when i pick it up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cytomax

Wireless 2.4GHZ phone next to my monitor giving my monitor lines when i pick it up.

Hello all I have a Hitachi CM721F and a wireless 2.4GHZ panasonic phone right next to it.. whenever someone calls me and i pick up the phone to talk my screen starts to do wierd things like get lines across it etc... now i know this is most likely normal but my question is ... is this BAD in ANY way for my monitor.
Eddie

I';m no expert, but the way i see it, is the monitors just getting a little bit of interference. As far as i know, it shouldnt be damaging, just messing up the signals that are crurently being sent throught the monitor. [Thinking on the lines,as floruesent lights can interfere with Cat-5 network cable, that the signals from your phone are only temporarily interfering and causing no permenant damage. ]

-Gleason

Back