• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my WW but not too happy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok here is my two cents. I am almost in the exact same situation.

My previous setup was a maze 3, 1048 pump, heatercore. Everything was3/8 except for the pump. My heater core, block and tubing were 3/8.
So I just got my WW and here is what I did. I ditched the 3/8 tubing. I removed the old 3/8 barbs from my rad and put in 1/2. So I am now running 1/2 all the way around with my new whitewater.
My temps used to be around 35 idle 39 full load. However with summer heat it's almost impossibel to tell becasue the room is so Hot. My appartment is around 28-30c inside! At those temps no block will make a difference. Anyways when the room is THAT hot my old maze3 setup used to idel around 39 and load up around 44. With the new setup I sit at around 35 idle. Now that is pretty amazing considering my ambient is almost 30 C!!! The big difference however is my load temps. I swear this thing only budges 2c from idle to full load. The full load temps are really really good. I would have liked to have given a better comparison but the truth is that right when I installed the new system a mini heatwave has started so I can't say exactly how much better it is until my room temps get back to normal. But for now the full load temps are really good. As a rough estimate I would say it improved my idel temps by 2c and full load temps by about 5c. I will know for sure when the weatehr gets back to normal.

Could it be that the radiator is not removing enough heat to see the difference in the blocks?

Like its removes Xwatts of heat and the Z4 one can only transfer, lets say, 100w to water or until it hits the same temp as the water maybe 35C and then the WW can do 150w of heat to the water until they reach the same temp but neithe can transfer its max amount of heat because the water is so hot. I think that COULD work but maybe I am using alternate universe physics...

I thought the Black ice Xtreme was a good heat disapater. The big question on my mind is that when i had the Z4 block on I had only a 90 or so cfm fan on there. Now I have a 134 cfm on there.

My 8rda had me idling at a lower temp than the ambient... so i dont put much stock in it's readings.

My friend had the same problem, he was getting the same temps with water as air, ITS THE MOBO, try pointing a fan at the cpu socket area and you can watch the cpu temp reading drop. The 8RDA(+) doesnt actually read the temp of the cpu, who knows what it measures.

Well I think it might be cooling better. I was able to drop the voltage to the cpu .5 and she seems to be just as stable wasnt able to do that before. I will point a fan at the socket.

I am getting a new case today anyways the Antec FULL DRAGON!!! So now I will have plenty of room to mess around and make sure there is no kinks what so ever.

Anyone want a Black Lian Li PC 61 Black with side and top windows. Cheap.

Back