• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wow, prices have gone up on 9500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

axegrinderbill

jesus, allstarshop i swear had the 9500 np yesterday for like 139 or 149, then i check today and its 189!!! there's another one with a golden fan for 203 or something!!! jesus! makes me wonder if everyone just realized what softmodding is. Makes me wonder if i should just get a 9600 pro....

Man, no kidding bill....$209 now for red board L shape and gold HSF. Allstar lists this card now as "new" so I don't think it's running out of stock yet.

What I wonder, is if these card's will all mod perfectly, and that the supply of questionable chips has run out. I mean, it's priced basically as a 9700 now.

I just picked one up the 29th for $139

Wow i got lucky at the last minute! Almost literally.

*mourns the death of the 9500 line...the greatest mainstream card of the directx9 generation so far*

GOD DAMN, I was going to order one of these cards 2 days ago, decided to wait up and read more, and now this, screw that ill just buy a radeon 9800 and oc that.

This is the biggest price jump i've seen for video cards, i got mine for 135 bucks at allstarshop, still only 30 percent chance of softmodding...so yea.

These cards are gonna be obsolete sooner or later. If u don't pick one up now u never will. But I'd just pay a few extra bucks and get a 9700np. I bought mine awhile back and I'm still enjoying it. I had originally bought a 9500np but bcuz the softmod didn't work for me I exchanged it for a 9700np instead. With a simple bios flash I now have a PRO. Currently running stable at 350/620 for everyday use and 400/640 for benchmarking. With some volt modding I'm sure there's more juice to be obtained. With the price of the 9500np up why not right?

Heh, paid 138 for my 9500np, could care less if it softmods or not, really dosent bother me. Ill probably oc it and run it for a few months until I can find something better. Need to replace my agin gf3, since I need an additional gaming card.

Edit (btw didnt see your sig, the 2.8ns 9700np's are hard to find, which is probably why your so happy with it, good card there bro)

Nevertheless, you gotta keep your eyes peeled for good deals. My friend picked up a Radeon 9500 np for $100 shipped online this past week and I picked up another 9700 PRO brand new for less than $200. :)

get the 9500pro(8 pipes,fast as hell,easy to volt mod,easy to water cool bothe core and memoryand u dont have to worry about doing softmods.lol
and still the best card for the money out the door

tweaker said:
get the 9500pro(8 pipes,fast as hell,easy to volt mod,easy to water cool bothe core and memoryand u dont have to worry about doing softmods.lol
and still the best card for the money out the door

Yeah if you can find a 9500pro anymore these days then go for it. The 9500pro is the best videocard for the money except for a successfully hacked 9500np.

Even though the 9500pro is a great card for its money, the L shaped 9500 pro has that good 256bit bus, which is very good, especially if you oc that card.

Back