• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buy this 9500np?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

still_runnin

Registered
http://pcwonderinc.com/sapatioemrad.html I have a question about this video card. It says it a 9500np with the L shaped memory, but it only has 128bit memory (probably because it is sapphire, my guess) I want the 9500np with the L shaped memory so I can get to 8 pipelines along with overclock because I might watercool. From what I read, the 9500np with this memory is tough to come by but is this the card I want or now? If it is not, could you help me find one..... if they are still around. Thanks for the help guys.

That looks like the right card. The picture definitely shows an L-shaped mem. configuration. However, even if you get the card with L-shaped memory, the softmod only works about 30% of the time. So don't get your hopes up, chances are your card won't softmod.

would it just be easier to get a 9700np and flash the bios? Im kinda new to all of this but I learn fast (at least i think so). How hard is it to flash the bios and getting it up and running at 9700pro speed or above?

I never heard that only 30% of L 9500np's modded. I thought you stood an good change (80% or more) with the L ram.

I think you should get the 9500 you linked to. It's only 130, vs the 9700's 250. Poop on that.

If your going to go with the 9500, I'd snap that up quickly. Allstarshop was selling these for$135 last week. Today they are $209. NewEgg also jumped their prices on it $20 or so, and are now out of stock.

One can only guess at the reasons for this.

All the red pcb's with "L" shaped memory are 256bit bus card's, not 128bit as they are advertised to be.

The "I" shaped are either 128bit, or 64bit memory bus.

But why do they say that these cards have 256bit bus, is there anyway to tell if the bus of the card is 256 once you have it (if you can answer me asap I will order this card now)

EDIT, just read the reseller ratings on this reseller, very low, 4.5, many people are not satisfied. Looks like im out of luck on these 9500 cards, was about to buy one but they upped the price :(.

Wow, i bought my Radeon 9500 128mb from allstarshop.com and yes, the prices jumped from 135 bucks to 189 dollars, i got lucky.

I have a friend that has ordered a card from them about 3 days ago, he might have it by now. If he does I will see if he is able to do that softmod and overclock it today.

Back