Standard Avatars

Right well its summer witch means i have a lot of time on my hands and not much to do, so i just got thinking wouldnt it be a great adea if we all adopted a standard avatar. We could first have a little competition to see who can make the best avatar, and then all vote on it. I know a lot of people like there personal avatars that mean things to them, so we could have a gif say one frame for the folding avatar and another frame for the personal avatar. I think if we all adopt the standard avatar it will grab more attention from other users in the forum and that way we might get more users join the team. Does anybody else think this is a good idea? and can we have a show of hands to this? Heres my hand up in the air
    Folding@Home Team32

Sorry but I would have to say I don't really like this idea. :/
    .................................................. ......................Just too busy with life
    ...........................................Team.32.Mentor........................................RED.BELT.Ubercloxx0r
    ..............................You.should.always.keep.an.open.mind.help.can.be.found.in.the.most.unlikly.places.
    .....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
    .................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
    ....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
    ...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
    ............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
    AKA:supaiku
    .................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!

One reason people pick their own avatars is to stand out from the crowd. A bit of 'individuality'...

I wouldn't ever want a 'team' avatar... that's just me.
    -->>Ranked #1 of all folders in the world!!<<-- named Vonkaar...
    I7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz // MSI X58 Pro-E // Sapphire 5870 // 6x Seagates in RAID0 // Microsoft Keyboard Overclocked to 18 WPM (STOCK COOLING!)

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittamj

I'm sorry, but I love my chicken way too much. I believe she can turn even the strongest SETI member into a folding slave.

-DarkArctic

"Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had."
    -Linus Torvalds

My Heatware | Overclockers.com Front Page | Folding for Team 32 | You Are Here

Originally posted by vonkaar
    One reason people pick their own avatars is to stand out from the crowd. A bit of 'individuality'...

I wouldn't ever want a 'team' avatar... that's just me.
    Thats why i said we could make animated gifs from the chosen team avatar, so people could implment there own avatar in with the team avatar.
    Folding@Home Team32

Originally posted by Chris

Thats why i said we could make animated gifs from the chosen team avatar, so people could implment there own avatar in with the team avatar.
    Do you have any idea how long it took me to get this under the size limit and still look good?

I don't know what I would do with another frame.
    .................................................. ......................Just too busy with life
    ...........................................Team.32.Mentor........................................RED.BELT.Ubercloxx0r
    ..............................You.should.always.keep.an.open.mind.help.can.be.found.in.the.most.unlikly.places.
    .....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
    .................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
    ....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
    ...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
    ............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
    .................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!

I might use a team one if it looked good, but I have no photoshop skills so I can't really make one myself

i don't use an avatar and have av viewing turned off so we can save bandwidth.
    xp4000+
    crap MSI board
    2GB XMMS
    x700xt
    not worth OCing with this board.

I like the idea, but then I'm no too attached to my avatar.
    I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -- Stephen Roberts

Alright well it seems like nobody is interested, i thought it was a good idea.
    Folding@Home Team32

Well, see... the problem is that no1 is sexy enough to view my avatar...

Originally posted by emericanchaos
    i don't use an avatar and have av viewing turned off so we can save bandwidth.
    I would do this but the thing is that I browse enough taht I have all the avatars chached pretty much so It doesn't download it every time. (at least I don't think so... it doesn't right?) and I like hte pretty stuff and I think it gives you a better Idea of the person.

Folding 24/7 in Newport News, Va. Since Sept. 2001
    On the subject of everyone running a gif avatar. I think it would be counter productive to the effort the admin are making to save bandwith. I understand your motives but only my JET can properly represent a folder like me.
    Fold Smart
    E6600@2.4x2
    Proud member of Folding@Home Team #32--Folding 24/7
    "Greater love hath no man than to give up his puter(s) for science."

Originally posted by JetMech
    ...but only my JET can properly represent a folder like me.

Took the words right outa my mouth, JetMech...Fold on, man.
    "DAMN THE TORPEDOES, FULL SPEED AHEAD!"------------Farragut at Mobile Bay-----------
    DFI NF4 DAGF A64 3500@2.4-6600GT-2Gigs Crucial PC3200 UCCC-CDRW-WIN XP Pro SP3-
    <<<--Disabled Vet---Beale AFB 66-69--456th CSG---O/C Geezers Guild--DOB 2-26-47----
    "Enjoy yourself, cuz there's only one time around, baby." ----------Uncle Milty----------
    <<<--2.4 Gigs Folding for Team 32--Folding for the Cures~Not the Stats---Fold like HABU---

Yeh, we all need the individuallity of our avatar's to keep us sane

sane why would you want to be sane????

~Captin insano

j/p~Alex

i'm an oc folding ninja, i dont want to change mine