• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Standard Avatars

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris

Right well its summer witch means i have a lot of time on my hands and not much to do, so i just got thinking wouldnt it be a great adea if we all adopted a standard avatar. We could first have a little competition to see who can make the best avatar, and then all vote on it. I know a lot of people like there personal avatars that mean things to them, so we could have a gif say one frame for the folding avatar and another frame for the personal avatar. I think if we all adopt the standard avatar it will grab more attention from other users in the forum and that way we might get more users join the team. Does anybody else think this is a good idea? and can we have a show of hands to this? Heres my hand up in the air :) :thup:

One reason people pick their own avatars is to stand out from the crowd. A bit of 'individuality'...

I wouldn't ever want a 'team' avatar... that's just me.

I'm sorry, but I love my chicken way too much. I believe she can turn even the strongest SETI member into a folding slave. :)

-DarkArctic

vonkaar said:
One reason people pick their own avatars is to stand out from the crowd. A bit of 'individuality'...

I wouldn't ever want a 'team' avatar... that's just me.

Thats why i said we could make animated gifs from the chosen team avatar, so people could implment there own avatar in with the team avatar.

Chris said:

Thats why i said we could make animated gifs from the chosen team avatar, so people could implment there own avatar in with the team avatar.

Do you have any idea how long it took me to get this under the size limit and still look good?

I don't know what I would do with another frame.

I might use a team one if it looked good, but I have no photoshop skills so I can't really make one myself :p

emericanchaos said:
i don't use an avatar and have av viewing turned off so we can save bandwidth.

I would do this but the thing is that I browse enough taht I have all the avatars chached pretty much so It doesn't download it every time. (at least I don't think so... it doesn't right?) and I like hte pretty stuff and I think it gives you a better Idea of the person.

Back