• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ditching the T line with no resivor-

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

Allright-
Dodge Viper did this a while back, but it never caught on, and since it works SOOOO much better, it needs more attention.

As most of us know, the main "hole" for bubles in your system is the radiator due to its built in resivors. Air gets traped very easily and a pain to get out!

Why not take the easy way out? Put a fill tube in one of the radiators resivors? DING! Folks, this works! By simply drilling a NTP hole into the radiator resivor at your chosen angle and jbewlding a 1/2inch hose barb in place, you eliminate the T line-

Heres a pic, sorry its hard to see but my camera is on vacation with the parents-
IMG_0125small.JPG

IMG_0126small.JPG

As you see i have a nearly completly watercooled pc using Jfettigs custom waterblocks with a ehime 1250 and BIE rev 2- (Minus the videoblock because i have a R9700pro, and ordered a gf4 block doh!)

All the bubles were gone in a matter of 1 hour, which is better then running your system all night-
Mabey this will help convince others....
Best of luck to all-

DIGRAM.JPG

Little better?
Theres no T line-
A fill tube dumps right into the radiator-
And its not odd- just cramp :p

Simple - In almost all systems, more bubbles get trapped in the heatercore than in any other part of the system. What he did, is put a hole in the top tank of the heatercore, and then JBWeld a fitting in place(notice fitting in pic) and run some hose up. I've tried this as well on my newest WC'ed pc and it works great (I also put a drain plug in the bottom for easier draining).

You're basically letting the air escape from where it collects the most - Heatercore. If you think about it, the heatercore is one big reservior anyway.

Edit: Doh! Spyder's quicker than I ;)

Last edited:
dint i say that? :D Ive had this done for months.... just figured more people should be doing it!

Thanks, I'm setting up a new WC system and have'nt been able to decide where I was going to put my T line. My rad is outside my case so this will work perfect.

my rad is outside the case as well

front_view_wide.jpg

and as u can see... my pump is still outside too... not inteneded. i made a slight but fatal error in tube / t joint length... this solves my prob... thanks guys!:clap: :beer: :attn:

Walk in front of a toilet, unzip, drop trow. LOL j/p

couldnt resist! :p and i gotta say alot of you guys have some awsome systems. all i have is a black 120mm fan blowing in the side of my case...hehe. but soon ill get a new case and trick i out like you guys!

~RCTG

some rad's come with a feature similar to this...like the thermochill 120-2 that i have purchased. the only difference is that the hole is on the opposite side that the hoses go into and it is pluged by a screw-in thing but i guess you could modify it and put a barb on it or something

Back