• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon AIW 9800 Pro & sound.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lee

Alrighty, after years of using nvidia cards, i moved my computer room to a new room (yeah!) where i have plenty of space.........instead of buying a new t.v., i decided to buy a radeon AIW so i could watch/surf at the same time - however, the sound quality is not a good as i would like (picture is fine) and i am not sure if its the signal from the vid card or the processing from the sound card.........ATI has a simple set of tests you can run (which i did) and it said the sound card was not up to par - an audigy gamer - but the audigy is smooth as glass for everything else including watching dvd's, music, etc...........it might even be the signal coming from the cable line (charter broadband) but don't know and am just looking for general info to check each different variable................any ideas, let me know.......thanx........

It said the card WASn'T up to par?! Well, maybe it doesnt like your current drivers, or theres some compatability issue. Check creatives site and download any new drivers if you haven't already

-Gleason

ok, this is on the second page now so no one may notice but i figured out what to adjust to clean up the sound......go to sound/audio devices - voice - advanced setting under mic and get rid of the 20 db boost and voila, clean clear sound outta your AIW...........

Back