• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max safe OC of the 9500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoNgOkO

Hello!

After a succesfull SoftMod to 9500Pro i decided to OC the card. What is the max safe OC???? I upped the core to 310 and the mem to 312 and on the touch the mem is very hot and also the HSF. Will the GFX run fine if it passes 3dmark with no artifacts at that speed???

Thanx

There is no "for sure safe o/c" for any card, it all depends on your setup and your card. All that can be said is go as high as you can while it stays stable and there you have your max safe o/c for that card.

down the memory speed a bit, and kick up the clock speed to like 320-325 if u can...memory should be aroudn 300-305 to be safe, yeah them thangs get HOT!

Is that a 64bit card or a 128 bit?

Did you use Omega's or W1zzard driver hack?

Congrat's on the softmod:p

It is a 128 bit now i used Wizzards moded drivers, but i had to turn of the Hierarhical Z. But besides that the card works like a charm yay yay :D .

SoNgOkO said:
It is a 128 bit now

headscratch.gif

The softmod will not change the memory bus. So if it was a 64bit or 128bit, then it still is.

yeah he's right, ur 9500 is already 128bit ( if its the red pcb and 128mb of ram), if ur softmod works, then it should be 256bit(like the radeon 9700)...i changed to omega drivers and for some reason, I can overclock much higher and play games w/o it locking it. w/ the wizzard drivers,i only got up to 350 b4 it locking and not completing 3dmarks, now i can go to 375

Hello!

I am having a problem when running a game (Vietcong).
My card is OC-ed to 315 GPU and MEM and my CPCU clock speed is 141*8,5= 1198,5. When running this game all loads fine and i play the game for about 5-10minutes and then i hear a short pip and the message appears on my monitor 23k / ohz Frequency out of range then i have to reboot. Why did that happen??? FSB too high or the GFX oc?? I was burning in the whole night with SiSoft Sandra and all was working fine i also ran 3dMark 2001 without any probs. What to do thanx

Radeon 9500s come in two versions: 128-bit (straight-shaped RAM, 128mb of it, usually on a black PCB) and 256-bit (L-shaped RAM, usually a red PCB). So even at stock with no modding, the 256-bit ones are still faster than the 128-bit ones.

Modding does NOT change the memory bus; it only opens up four pixel pipelines. This is how ATI's product line used to be:

Radeon 9500: 4 pipelines, 128/256-bit mem bus (remember, this depends on the card you get and NOT any mod)
Radeon 9500 PRO: 8 pipelines, 128-bit bus
Radeon 9700: 8 pipelines, 256-bit bus.

Thus, as you can see, modding a 128-bit card successfully produces a 9500 PRO, and modding a 256-bit card successfully produces a 9700. It all depends on the card in question; for obvious reasons most people who want to mod strive to get a 256-bit 9500.

Back