• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec smart blue 350w

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supertrucker

Way Too Jealous Member
i just upgraded to an msi nf2 board. the new board runs my cpu off of the 12v rail (im assuming this as it has the 4 pin p4 connector, and my 12volt rail took a dive, even at the molex). i have an antec smartblue 350watt psu that ran my system fine untill i upgraded, i put in the new mobo, up from a msi kt333 board, added a second 512 of ram, and swapped four 80mm case fans (el cheapo thermaltake ones that came with the case, for four 92mm 50cfm fans)

i dont think the ram runs off of the 12v rail so it shouldnt be an issue, but the 4 new fans and switching the cpu draw to 12v rail i think has overworked my psu. at idle it is sitting between 11.7 and 11.75 and under full load it hits 11.5 before a reboot. it gets a little better if i take the chip back down to stock but not much as i can run it at 13x166 default vcore.

i guess what i am getting at here is does the smartblue 350 have adjustable pots in it? before i go and void the warranty, i have taken apart psu's before and know not to touch anything in there, i just dont want to open this ps to find no pots. anybody know if they are they and where i would find them if they are???

The SL350 I have which is the same unit without the LED's has no adjustment pots IIRC, and I'm not sure they'd help if it did... if the 12v is dropping at the molex it's a sign the unit's reached its limits. The SL350 isn't the strongest PSU I've ever used, these are made by Channel Well, whose PSU's are typically on the weak side below 375w or so - they meet their ratings and that's about it.

I would suggest going to the Trueblue 480 if you want the LED's or the Truepower 430 and up - these are much more capable units.

Back