• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

all 9700np/9800np samsung meory 2.8ns?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axion

if there is any that isnt 2.8ns... how do i tell? what exactly differentiates between differently rated samsung memory

My 9700pro has 2.8 on one side and what looks like 2.3 on the other... I never really checked on that because either way the 2.8 is gonna limit me. To tell write down the code on the memory chip, goto samsung.com, and look it up.

As for the difference, lower rated memory is faster. 2.8ns mem runs at 357MHz, 714 DDR. 2.3ns runs at 434MHz, 869 DDR. To find these numbers for yourself, divide 1000/NS.

--Illah

i know lower is better, but thanks the code ---> samsung website is what i needed.... time to find codes for all possibilites so i can buy 2.8ns or lower! :D

As far as I know the Samsung memory on the aforementioned cards is either going to be 2.8ns or 3.3ns. Sometimes you will get a card w/ 3.0 Infineon memory from what I've gathered.

It's a crapshoot but the Samsung 2.8ns memory is quite a bit more rare then any of the others. Normally you're going to end up with 3.3ns infineon or the 3.6ns hynix which is oddly enough a much better overclocker then the infineon. Now that ATI is phasing out their 9700's it's much more commong to see the Samsung memory.

NoMeD said:
It's a crapshoot but the Samsung 2.8ns memory is quite a bit more rare then any of the others. Normally you're going to end up with 3.3ns infineon or the 3.6ns hynix which is oddly enough a much better overclocker then the infineon. Now that ATI is phasing out their 9700's it's much more commong to see the Samsung memory.

thats why im going to check before i buy! :D

Back