• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Radeons supports theatre mode?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Hilts

Can someone tell me which is the cheapest Radeon that supports theatre mode? A friend of mine would like that feature because he does some video editing, but doesn't really play games at all so there's no sense on him spending a lot on the a card if he does not have to. He'd like to display the image full-screen on a TV while working on his desktop on his monitor. I know I can do this just fine with my 9500 Pro, and I've looked through the boards and have seen that people have done it with the 8500/9000 cards as well.

Also, is there any other advantage of having a card with the dual DACs for what he wants to do (I believe that the 9000 and up, not including the 9100, have this)?

pretty sure the 9000 does. Is cheap. if u could find a 7500 they have excellent tv out and theatre mode.

Hmm, the 7500 does as well? Wouldn't that mean that all Radeons do since the 7500 is based on the first first Radeon anyway?

I believe that any Ati card with TV OUT can do that. So yes even the original radeon can and I would be willing to bet that my Rae Fury Pro could.

Back