• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad core and dream memory on 9500np...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

I have Connect3D 9500np modded to 9700 with MuFu's Pro BIOS.
AMD HS on Core and homemade HS-s for RAM.
Before 357/330
After 269/348 ( RAM is Hynix 3.6 )

No matter what Voltage I put through Core it wont pass 369 without artifacts. more V results in more artifacts :(
How do you find out if it's a heat issue ???

And one other thing... What games do you usefor testing memory artifacts ? I pass Nature 2k3 well ( 5 loops ). But I want to be sure.

Thanks in advance!

I have hacked drivers... Omegas ( Forgot to mention )

Another thing I was wondering... Can Heatsing be to large for my core ??? Like it heats up just a little bit of HS and not the whole thing.

I have Arctic Cooling HS for AMD, can't remember version. It is pretty big...

Anyone have any idea on this one ?

A heatsink can never be too large. :) It heating up just a bit of the sink is a good thing imo. I used a stock AMD hsf on my last card and is was quite large. You might just be blessed with a low overclocking core, I would say its no big deal if you got a good softmod out of it.

I get my artifacts in the lobby scene on mark01 and in battlefield1942, try using them to test. The average is to test 3 different games/benchmarks, if you don't get any then your all good.

The best way I've found to completely stress out your video card for artifacts (overclocking, softmodded or otherwise) is to use an unmentionable copy of an unmentionable alpha in R200 rendering mode at 1280x1024x32 with all the visual quality settings in the ATI control panel set to max.

You will find errors and glitches within a minute or less on your screen if the softmod didn't work in some way, or if your memory or core is overclocked just the slightest bit too far.

Not that anyone has such a copy of that type of software available, but if you did, that would be the best way to test in my opinion. (no experience of course, just opinion ;) )

Back