• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wtf!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OneManLan

Registered
Ok my dad and I orderd a Radeon 9600 Pro from a site called OC-Stytems.com. We just got it in today. Opened it to find it packaged nicely. It had a list of contents within the package saying "X1 Radeon 9600 Pro vesion". The original retail box came with it and there is a sticker above the title of the box that says "Lite", but nowhere else on the box where it says Radeon 9600 Pro is there a 'lite' sticker. Whats up with that. Is there any ways to check? BTW my dad and I looked around for a non-ez/lite box before we bought and it wasn't listed as lite...

yeah gotta love newegg, but to check the card plug in the the computer, install the drivers and see what it does, if its not what you want send it back and tell them there a rip off

Haven't bought from them ever but I can say I haven't seen anything on a "lite" version of the 9600 and I do alot of looking. Maybe they mean a non-pro version in their own odd way, depending on price it may not be too bad.

from the horror stories ive read, id say that oc-systems.com possibly has the worst rep ever among overclockers.

If it is a 'Lite' version of the card, it will likely have stock clocks of 400/200(DDR400) and will have TSOP style RAM - the long RAM chips. True 9600 Pros have BGA RAM chips, the tiny square ones.

btw, ocsystem's reseller rating is a lousy 3.48

and they're known for sending people "9700pros" that are really 9500nps VOLT MODDED (yes, an actual resistor soldered on), and then overclocked/etc
talk about a rip-off

on the other hand, my friend has ordered probably 20 or 30 sticks of geil ram from them with no problems...in any case, they're probably a company not to be trusted

i thought the Lite version of the 9600pro (Sapphire?) has regular clock speeds (400/300) but no extras like games and adapters, the EZ version of which i have only seen from PowerColor is clocked 400/200 which greatly cripples performance, just check the clock speed of the card, if it is 400/300(600) then it is a fine 9600pro card

to check the clock speeds you can use overclocking utilities to see what the defaults are, 3dmark03 also shows the video card speeds in the details of your system specs

Back