• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe CPU temp. 2.4C P4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_shell

Registered
I am getting to OC my P4 2.4C CPU. It runs at about 44 degrees Celcius idle and around 48-50 C under Load. I'm using a Alpha PAL HS with a Blue LED fan on top.

My question is what is a safe range ( desirable ) temp. for idle and load with the CPU OC'ed to about 270 mhz FSB from 200 mhz?

Also, my voltage on the CPU is at default , what is the highst I should atempt with no worries? I want this computer to run stable but at the same time I don't want to fry it prematurely.

Thanx for any advice / help.

Intels website list the thermal cap for the 2.4C @ 70 C So I think under 65 C would be safe............If you are running 50 C i think you have no prob what-so-ever :)

And what is load for you?
If I Play Unreal....with a Mp3 Player going in the backgound AS well as a Mpeg player going.. I hit 58-60 C with stock fan........Is that load???????

As long as its stable, its safe. You can't put an arbitrary temp value that is your "maximum safe limit" as motherboard sensors vary too much, and you will hit instability far before an unsafe core temperature.

Hi Sebastion..... Running Burn in Wizard on my CPU for the 2 CPU benchmarks set for a loop of 90 I hit low to mid 50's. So I hope that as long as my CPU is not running any hotter that 60-65 C under that kind of load I'll be OK.

I still am uncertain to how much I can raise the Vcore to to be stable and safe? Right now my Vcore is art default aroud 1.5 V.

Hi Sebastion..... Running Burn in Wizard ( Sandra SiS Software)
on my CPU for the 2 CPU benchmarks set for a loop of 90 I hit low to mid 50's. So I hope that as long as my CPU is not running any hotter that 60-65 C under that kind of load I'll be OK.

I still am uncertain to how much I can raise the Vcore to to be stable and safe? Right now my Vcore is art default aroud 1.5 V.

Back