• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I 7 volted my fans and....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks GUYs!!!

I know that there is a scientific law that explains this far better than I can, I will look it up. The basic premise is that by not giving a componet the required amount of electricity to operate it actually causes a componet to resist more causing increased electrical friction and heat.

I have always presumed that giving a unit the power it requires to operate is the sweet spot that anything more or less causes heat.

Thanks for the welcome

if you can find something legitamate to back this up and it turns out to be true then i think you'll have just about everyone on the forums getting psu's that are precisely outputting the exact power required to hit this "sweet spot"

i personally think that even if this is true, and assuming it is, this variation of temperature based on the power supplied being too little is negligable and wouldn't equate to more than maybe a fraction of a degree...certainly not 2-3C...then again this is just my opinion....let us know what you find tho.

I have been looking

My brother who is an electrical eng, may have been the one to tell me this, I will call him this eve and ask for proof ;)

You very well may be correct is saying that it wouldnt be anything substancial.

In addition

I dont think having a power supply that produces more power than a system can consume means anything, Each componet would only take the power needed to operate.

Anyhow you folks will be the first to know if I can find anything to back it up. or not whichever the case may be

Back