• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IC7, does mobo report cpu temp accurately.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Just wondering if the stock BIOS reports the temp accurately, as my temps have up with this board but it could be that i use antec gay LED fans that use no CFM lol.

i honestly think its closer to 20C in some cases, mine is running at 51C under load with an slk900u and the heatsink is barely warm.

Id say around 10C, I have good watercooling ish and I get 44c idle 49c load. 20C would be pushing it... as my room temp is 27 C... so I dont think my computer is running my CPU colder than ambient temp. :cool:

I think the Abit's vary from board to board. I think mine is running around 15c high and I have the slk900u with a 92mm fan, 3 80mm Panaflo intake(front), 2-80mm Panaflo rear (exhaust) , 1-92mm Panaflo (rear top) and still get 63-64c with 2 foldings going on my 3.06@stock and @3.45. It's plenty stable so I don't worry about the temps too much. There is a thread on the Abit forums about the high temps that everyone is posting on to try to get Abit to fix the problem. They(Abit) claim that they do it by the standards that are laid out by Intel I believe they say it is so they have no real plans on fixing it at the moment without any real proof that their way is wrong.

Tread

Ick! that is ugly, I remember before I WCed, when I ran my 2.4c at STOCK FSB/voltage on stock cooler, I would hit 65 C on Prime!

the ic7 temp sensor is way off.. me with my retail and my friend with an slk800 get the same temps.... so i would have to agree that it varies mobo to mobo.. and his system is mounted good, i double checked

max

what did you guys use to determine your temps? the winbond hardware doctor that comes with mobo driver? mine reads 50 degrees full load, running prime95 as im writing this. my system is stock for now as ive just finished building it this afternoon. i have a zalman7000alcu for my cpu cooler with 6 other case fans. i'll be installing MBM5 later and compare my temps.

Now I know for sure my board is reporting about 10 deg high on the cpu, but how are the case & pwm temps in you guys machines? Those pretty accurate or they off too?

I too agree with all the peeps here , as my boards is atleast 10C off , possibly 15C .

stereo555

The temp measurements on my system are bogus. It's nowhere near as simple as a fixed number of degrees off.

With an ambient of 23C:

Running stock cooling, I was getting 43°C idle, 64°C load. (2.4C at 3.25 GHz, 1.55 Volts)

dTidle / dTload = 20/41 = 0.487

I removed the IHS and installed good watercooling, and I'm getting 39°C idle, 43°C load. (at 3.25 GHz, 1.65V)

dTidle / dTload = 16/20 = 0.8

It makes no sense for these ratios to be this different.

Back