• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Higher Clock=Lower 3DMark?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreammmatt

hi, sup? was just wondering if that is normal...once i push my 9800np (retail box ATI 9800) past 378core/300memory (3.0ns Infineon - and Flashed to 9800Pro) my 3DMark2001SE scores go from 16500 all the way down to 16000 depending on how many times i run 3DMark and how much I increase the clocks (btw: i noticed cpu temp went up 5*C and mobo temp went up ~5*C also)...when i check just the Game4 benchmark...increased clocks make my score go from 110 to 119fps...so...why...and what is up with this? Might I just give it some time (just got it today - mebe needa burn in?) I was thinking of applying some ASIII to the core, should I? would that help? and what about those s3xy chrome tweakmonster ramsinks?

Well if the card go to hot from oc'ing wouldnt that make scores go down? Im not for sure on this. Hope that maybe helps a tad.

Yeah, I also had this problem a while back. Test in 3DMark03 and see if your getting artifacts. If not, check if your 03 score is higher than before. I've found that as you overclock, your scores in 3DMark01 go down, as your FPS drops in everything except nature, but 03 goes up. Keep on OCing, eventually your scores in 01 will start to go up.

Try letting the card cool, I had this problem when I was seeing how high my card would go. The higher I went the lower my scores, I let it sit for a while and my scores went up like they should after.

Back