• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xabre 600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The SiS Xabre 600 is an entirely different GPU, and I'd seriously reccommend against it. Bad performance and driver problems doesn't really make it cost-effective.

In a ghetto laptop, if it doesn't have embedded video. Xabre is a soft-DX9 card. Alot of the functions are emulated in the CPU, something like a winmodem. I wonder if the worst laptop in the world could be the Via C3 with a Xabre. Even better a Transmeta Crusoe with a Xabre (very hard, crusoe has no agp bus, only pci, and southbridge is a pci componnet)

I have never seen a Xabre600 for sale. There are plenty of 400s and 200s on pricewatch though. But with the prices of 8500LE's (even a 200mhz crippled one would crush a Xabre 400) I don't see the point in buying a Xabre. I would also rather have an MX440 because of the drivers issues that SiS has been having with these cards.

Back