• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Booting up problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dc5e

My 800mhz athlon slot a has problems booting up, the specs are

800mhz SLOT A
Gigabyte GA-7IXE
192mb pc100 sdram
firewire card
leadtek tv-tuner
hercules game theater xp
10/100 network card
gf2mx
1 80GB 7200RPM harddrive
1 120GB 7200RPM harddrive
a dvd drive
3 fans

When i start up the computer, sometimes the keyboard doesn't work, to get it to work, i have to unplug and plug it back in while the computer is starting up.
When the keyboard doesn't work, all 3 lights are on, numlock scroll lock and capslock,
I think this started happening once i put in the firewire card, leadtek, hercules.

Could it be the powersupply not supplying enough power?? its like a 250w or 300w

Also when my computer is supposed to be on at 8am, i often find it with the hdd light steady and no display. I have to turn it off and back on to get the computer started

As a test, did you try removing the firewire card to see if the problem goes away?

Yeah, I would agree with baraka. Remove any card that you feel is suspect and see what that does for you. Also, just because a power supply is rated at 250 or 300 W, doesn't mean that it is doing so. Cheap ones really lose their watts as they get hot. Also, sometimes they just flake out. You might want to try a different PSU.

Back