• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Ic7 Parts Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

So I have an IC7 and am wanting to run 1gig Dual DDR 512x2 - Would Kingston Hyper X 3500 be ok, bc I work at BestBuy and get it for Cost, which is quite cheap ( like 80 bux per stick of 512 ).

My chip is the 2.26b and it does 3ghz easily on air cooling on my Mushkin pc3000 so I want a bit more before I go to an HT chip. Would the Kingston Hyper X work ok in Dual DDR mode?

If not any suggestions woudl be appreciated.

It shouldnt be a problem but if you could get the twin kit that has the matched sticks would be even better. If one stick is not up to snuff then the other will downgrade and be limited to the slower stick and could make it even slower. Newegg has it for $291 for 2-512 matched sticks.

Tread

Yeah 2x512 of hyper X is good stuff. You should be able to run up to 275FSB with that ram in dual channel with the 5:4 divisor. Maybe even a little higher with loose timings

Back