• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking crisis! please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

siaful

Registered
Ok guys, I'm running on:

2.4c philly
ic7
antec 550 true
kingston hyperx 3500

I can't seem to get past 275fsb at all. I tried 3:2, but no luck there. I can ran stable at 275fsb and 1.68vcore. MY vdimm is set to 2.8. My cooling is more than suffient, so thats not the issue. I have a honeywell fan blowning right at the pc, which brings the temps down considerably. Please, any advise would be appreciate.

Btw, Intially I was running the system off an enlight 300w and got the same results as the antec 550. That sucks, because now I have this expensive psu that gives me the same performance as my enlight 300w.

siaful said:
what do you mean? I use the kingston hyperx 3500

You gotta look at the actual chips on the RAM themselves. What do they say on them? Winbond, Samsung? Also, a part number would help.

As I see it, there are two possibilities with your setup: either your chip has hit its limit (completely possible since you're already at 3.3 GHz) or your RAM isn't playing nice with your mobo (which is also highly possible since many people have experienced problems with Abit canterwood/springdale boards when using RAM that is made of a particular type of chip - Winbond CH-5s).

It just gives the speed and specs " 256mb pc3500 cl2 184-pin dimm".

I think you may be right about the memory. I think its whats holding me back. Also(off topic), do you know of any software that gives accurate psu readings. Thanks

Ok, I think you're reading the label on the heatspreader. You either have to 1) peel the spreader off and figure out what kind of chips they use or 2) find out on the Internet.

i never would have thought the ram would be such a cause, but i have found out recently that ram speed... makes a big difference with the m/b.

Reported retail max speed for this ram is 434. Does that mean I can't overclock beyond that?

siaful said:
Reported retail max speed for this ram is 434. Does that mean I can't overclock beyond that?

almost....

most memory will go a little past spec. speed, yet what ram timmings are you running?

maybe going 3,4,4,8 you'll get a little faster (FSB).

mica

Last edited:
3.3 aint exactly peanuts . you may have reached the cpu limit. to eliminate the ram relax timings and run the fsb mem ratio really easy like 3/2 that way u know your memory wont fail first..

Back