• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHAT HEATSINK AND FAN COMBO ? DURON 700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikren

Registered
Man o Man, there's a pile of different types of cooling fan's out there and i've read up on maybee 10 different ones. What would be the best heatsink and fan for my soon to be o/c duron700 ? (at a descent price)

cookedcomp (Apr 09, 2001 03:06 p.m.):
water cooling is what you will eventualy need, so start you search or make your own. p.s. making your own is much less expensive! :)

I've been a big fan of watercooling since I built my closed loop setup back at Christmas. But if you don't want to watercool just yet (which I can understand) then the Globalwin FOP38 or Alpha PEP66 would probably be the best. The best performing hsf at the moment seems to be the Swiftech MC462, but that costs over 60 bucks (and that's without a fan i think), so that's probably too expensive.

Depends on whether your using a slot or socket motherboard but for slots the Alpha is supposed to be good. I am using a vantec heatsink with a 80 mm sunon fan on top for my KT7A and am quite happy with my temps.

1200@1413 (113 x 12.5) aircooled and under full load never get above 40 or so celcius. Can find both those cooler where I got mine. Coolerguys.com G'luck with it. :)

Sirfin~

Once i get $$$ and a comp worth doing it to im going watercooling.

Surfin-Way to be man, excellent choice of cooler, just bought one on sunday. Was the 80mm mod easy? I dont know why its not so popular? It scores the same as the FOP38 and i find is 2-3$ cheaper. Well thats the great thing about being human, you have the right to choose.

"Once a man ceases to have the ability to choose, he ceases to be a man"

OpenFriday says : Vantec all the way.

I am w/ you on that OpenFriday (New Senior Member) I really like the Vantec FCE62540D. It has the best clip design out and cools my 1.2Axia extremely well. Goes on and off easily w/o worrying about break the CPU. One other thing I liked was the fan grill on it so you don't catch a finger or wire.
P.S. Open Friday, CONGRADS!!!!

Back