• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Skip - Real Community

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey! I have a great idea!

Let's all send Skip a group present via paypal. It doesn't need to be much individually but collectively it will add up. It costs Skip about $0.35 to collect each of the gifts so try to make it at least $5 (but if you can give more it will help the forums in a major way). If a couple dozen of us can help him out this month, that would cover his extra bandwidth charge. If we do better than that, he may get two or three months when he does not have to worry about the extra charge.

Skip, I am in for $25. You should see it soon.

Hey skip! Happy belated birthday! I'm pretty disappointed you can't celebrate with us here in Cali, though. :(

happy belated birthday! i am going to be sending some money your way when my next paycheck comes in on the 20th :) i've been wanting to send ya some and now that i actually have money, i can do so :)

thanks for all you do cause it all really does mean a lot to me.

matt

I learned alot here also, then I learned to hate it. I guess this is just going to be a sparatic thing. I was here when there were very few members and the forum was a slow but more enjoyable place to be around. Thanx for the forums, and maybe ill see you around.

I doubt skip even visits this place any more.

Well this is very belated but Happy Birthday Skip. I just got back from the Ca. get together and wish you could have been there. It seems a good time was had by all. If I would have known it was so close to your birthday I would have offered a toast to you and your hard hard work. I raise a toast to you now Skip. You the Man Bro.

David

Would you believe I got a job based on the information I learned here?

Yup, it's true. I had no other credentials, really. I learned nearly everything I know about computers from this forum, minus building computers and installing OSes and maintaining stuff. My specific knowledge all comes from right here, though. I owe you a great debt. It's actually only temporary at this point. If I do well during move-in weekend (my job is with ResNet, the campus tech people), then I get hired for the semester. I don't know how much I get payed, but if I get the job, I'll tithe you something :D .

Thanks again, man

and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (I know it's late, but it doesn't matter to me, since I just got my birthday present today, and my birthday was in JUNE).

Best wishes

Z

Thanks for all of the wishes! Sorry I wasn't around over my Birthday but my body had other plans.

To answer the reason why we do this.... To give back to the community for all the community has given us.

Back