• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 750 problems with oc'n???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

puppetmasta

Registered
hi, i have a friend who is trying to oc his athlon 750 to about 1ghz he has a golden orb and an asus k7m. Seems like it should work, but everytime the front side bus is increased the bios sets it back 750 and says u cant overclock. I'm wondering if anyone knows why this is happening? Is it jumpers on the board? or does the k7m even have jumpers hehe. any suggestions would be much appreciated. thx

puppetmasta (Apr 10, 2001 09:28 a.m.):
hi, i have a friend who is trying to oc his athlon 750 to about 1ghz he has a golden orb and an asus k7m. Seems like it should work, but everytime the front side bus is increased the bios sets it back 750 and says u cant overclock. I'm wondering if anyone knows why this is happening? Is it jumpers on the board? or does the k7m even have jumpers hehe. any suggestions would be much appreciated. thx

Does it set back FSB directly after the first time you turn on? Or after a few times? Because when your board runs unstable and can't boot (sirene signal), it will reset automatically. What FSB's are you trying? From 750 straight to 1000 will NEVER work, you must work in little steps. Sorry, but FSB overclocking on slot-A athlon will go up to about 110FSB max, because of bad chipsets (by via, the AMD's are better for FSB oc'ing). In jumperfree mode, bios should not set it back. Enable/disable jumperfree mode, see your manual. If you want some real OC'ing, you will have to buy a GFD to set your multiplyer. This will gain normally about 200MHz, maybe more, maybe less. That's the game you play...

Does the board have Jumpers or DIP switches? DIP switches are housed in a little blue box on the board. Does the board support JumperFree mode? If it does, make sure the DIPs on the board are set to JumperFree. Are you just trying to overclock your FSB, or are you using FSB and Multiplier to overclock? Are you L1 Bridges unlocked?

Oni (Apr 11, 2001 10:09 a.m.):

Does the board have Jumpers or DIP switches? DIP switches are housed in a little blue box on the board. Does the board support JumperFree mode? If it does, make sure the DIPs on the board are set to JumperFree. Are you just trying to overclock your FSB, or are you using FSB and Multiplier to overclock? Are you L1 Bridges unlocked?

Hey Oni, we're talking Slot-A athon over here, not socket-A!!! So this guy does NOT have L1 bridges or whatsoever. K7M is slot-A connector.

Your friend won´t be too successful, trying to get his Athlon to 1 Gig with FSB. He should get himself a GFD!
I got my Athlon 650 up to 900 using GFD

Keep trying

Back