• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your longest uptime?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albuquerque

Curious how long you guys are able to keep your windows boxes up and running... My laptop gets rebooted about once every other week, just because I feel like it. My home XP firewall / softrouter box has been up for around 70 days.

But I've got a box at the office that has an uptime of of 505 days and 16 hours on an HP Vectra XA/5 P166 non-mmx box with 64mb of non-EDO 72-pin memory. :D It sits there and monitors our UPS system and hosts a webpage to display the stats. It's externally firewalled so has never once hiccupped.

Curious to see if others have some severe-uptime machines somewhere in their home or office network.

Longest I've managed to keep my XP box up is 28 days. I just couldn't contain my need for tweaking much beyond that point :D

I think I've had a Win95 box go for about 60 days though... Not sure actually how long, but I know it was on for a LONG time and I never bothered to shut it off (even though it wasn't doing anything :D ... I need a hub/switch to get my other computers internet access for SETI)

JigPu

9 months on this last install. Would have been longer if it wherent for this flucking dumbash MSBLAST worm. Reformatted 4 times yesterday before being able to get onto the internet to be able to see what was going on.

For me it is 27 days 22 hours and counting. I'm running XP Professional with 3 people using this computer. I think this is a pretty good uptime considering how much the computer is used during the day. My page file at the moment is 333 MB, I'm not really sure what that means or if the number is too high but it might have something to do with me leaving the computer on for a while.

26 days had to restart for install on 2k

my system availablity is 99.9348%

with 1 hour and 48 min of down time over the last

115 days 4hours 15min 19s

Last edited:
How do you get those nice stats Crash? Is it a program you've downloaded, or something that comes with XP (..or 2K since you said you reformatted)?

JigPu

TUK101 said:
9 months on this last install. Would have been longer if it wherent for this flucking dumbash MSBLAST worm. Reformatted 4 times yesterday before being able to get onto the internet to be able to see what was going on.
OOPS, I guess that I mis-interpreted the question. My longest uptime is around 3 weeks. And even then the only reason that I shut down was because I finally got the power bill and it was an extra $60 that month for not other reason except that I had 3 comps folding 24/7 :eek: . $60 may not seem much, but now I know why Stanford is asking for help crunching these #'s, its because their power bill would be way too high to just build a super computer to do it for themselves lol.

JigPu said:
How do you get those nice stats Crash? Is it a program you've downloaded, or something that comes with XP (..or 2K since you said you reformatted)?

JigPu

There is an uptime program available for download from Microsoft. Here are my stats:

System Availability: 99.9780%
Total Uptime: 84d 1h:50m:12s
Total Downtime: 0d 0h:26m:38s
Total Reboots: 14
Mean Time Between Reboots: 6.01 days
Total Bluescreens: 0

My longest uptime was 60 days. Had to reboot when I installed Active Directory. This is on my server that does everything (DNS, DHCP, IIS, SQL, AD, RRA, etc...).

Here is the link for the uptime.exe tool.

yea uptime.exe is what i use

c:\uptime /all

i wish they had a windows resident version of this

Back