• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are the chances?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

highschoolsucks

Registered
Today I will be ordering a new 350 watt psu and a new video card to put in my EpoX 8RDA mobo w/ a Barton 2500+ and 512 mb of Geil PC3200 ram. I will finally have a decent system!

I'm most likely getting a radeon 9500 non-pro with L shaped memory off of Ebay. How likely is it that the softmod to a 9700 non-pro will work? Thanks guys, I appreciate your help.

From ebay? Your chances are very close to zero... The cards that don't mod are mostly the ones you find on ebay. Why would they sell a 9500np that actually worked? They wouldn't, they'd keep it. Duh :)

The chances of this happening have been less and less likely as time has progressed since this option became apparent. I think your chances are slim to none ordering it off ebay because ebay is notorious for people with non moddable 9500's trying to unload them so they can try again. Your best bet would be finding a store that carries them because I can almost guarentee you that if they don't say it's a flawlessly moddable 9500 it will prolly crap out and not take the mod :(

Gut instinct says you could look at, say ONE of the other THIRTEEN 9500 non-pro threads just on the first page and you'll likely find the information you need :)

Of course, maybe I'm just being cynically obvious :)

Back