• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help choosing video card...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

engjohn

I have a GF2mx400 slow..
bought a FX5200128 (SUKS)... will return it..

I need a little help on choosing a new videocard.
I do a little gaming, GTA and few others... (I cannot stand it when it skips...)

I cannot tell what ATI is doing with the model numbers... I need help.

Dont wanna spend more than 200$usd...
will consider nVidia or ATI as I will not use this box for Linux...

Please help....

For light gaming I think a 9600 pro would be great for $150 or if you want more power spend the extra $50 and get a 9700np.

Realize that you may get a bit of that skipping type of thing when games load stuff on-the-fly which GTA and a lot of other games do. If you are talking about an occasional pause that lasts like .5-1 seconds in games its probably not the card, but you are most likely talking about the frequent jerky video lag.

9600 Pro...excellent choice....I just upgraded my GF3TI200 to it and it is "Schweet"!

SP

Good choice for the shrewd buyer! Although as Oc Noob stated the 9700np would have given you that bit more. Make sure you sure the Omegadrivers with it and also overclock that sucker. I'd be interested to know what you get out of it.

Back