• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running 3dmark2001 considered "burn in" ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Burn In is when u let ur computer run games or programs that makes ur CPU work hard, for a long time. And Yes u can use 3d Mark 2001 as a "burn in" program, just let it loop the demo, and leave it the night over. Burn in can help when overclocking. I don't think anyone knows why, but in some strange way, it can make u able to overclock higher. Some believe in burn in, and some dosen't. I believe in it, cuz when I gort my Duron, I could only run it at 900MHz, fter some burn in, I could run at 978MHz.

Well..Don't treat the "Burn-in" would help in overclocking, since not everyone can benefit from it. Sometimes I just treat it to help other people for the project. Currently I am running my P3-800@1000 SECC2 with 1.95V on Abit BE6-II and it's seems to be rock stable..I am running UD (New program to help to fight the cancer) and it bumps up the temperarure to 38C when it runs. (Run for 2 days) However, when I try to go to 1008, (126Mhz), The system is only 95% stable...Whenever I try to use the printer, the System will automatically restart....That's kinda gay ****!

Too bad that my board doen't support 2.00V on P-3..Otherwise, I am definitely the chips will go higher...

mikren (Apr 11, 2001 10:33 a.m.):
Read a lot about people doing "burn in" what is that exactly???

Burning in is the use of a CPU stressing program such as Prime 95. Some clain that "burning in" allows lower voltage requirements and/or better overclocking.

I'm burning in my new Tbird 1.33 right now. Mainly I want the thermal paste to set. I leave prime95 and seti on together all night or evertime I leave. That freakin' 3dmark2001 heats up my vid card ram after awhile and seems to lock up several of my systems even at default. I use it as a stability test, but don't like leaving the computer alone with that program running.

Elin27 (Apr 11, 2001 12:06 p.m.):
Well..Don't treat the "Burn-in" would help in overclocking, since not everyone can benefit from it.

I wrote that it could help, I didden't wrote that it would help

Back