• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500+ -- AQZEA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fushyuguru

I just picked up one of these guys from SVC.com:

157.jpg

I dunno about you, but I have never seen this stepping: AQZEA.

Anyone heard of this stepping? Is it new? Is it any good/bad?

Quick google search produced 2 german sites who have mentioned it.

TheMatrixHasYou said:
Why don't you test it and tell us? It's probably something new, which probably means it will be decent.

I will be, eventually. If you step over to the modding section. Take a look at Fush Zero. If he was done, I would. I wish I could.

Just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about these guys.

Just checked it out, and it looks nice. Your 2100 will probably be better for you, since the extra cache on a Barton is only equal to about 100 MHz performance. But who knows, with your water-cooling setup you might be able to get that Barton to 2.7-2.8 GHz if this is a good new stepping.

TheMatrixHasYou said:
Just checked it out, and it looks nice. Your 2100 will probably be better for you, since the extra cache on a Barton is only equal to about 100 MHz performance. But who knows, with your water-cooling setup you might be able to get that Barton to 2.7-2.8 GHz if this is a good new stepping.

Im only WC'ing the chipset/graphics. Modified vapochill PE for the CPU. Though, 2.7-2.8 sounds really good, if it goes that high. Id love it to.

Thanks for the info.

The box should be done in 2 weeks. Ill make sure and post results here if somebody already hasnt.

not sure if its going to be good, becuase in a thread i saw a guy said that the third number decides if you processor goes faster ro slower, if it is closer to A then it will go faster, but if its clozer to Z then it will go slower,

-by knowing this, it seems like you got a bad processor, but it might turn out to be a new stepping and thus faster PRocessor???

WHO KNOWS??

gamer004 said:
not sure if its going to be good, becuase in a thread i saw a guy said that the third number decides if you processor goes faster ro slower, if it is closer to A then it will go faster, but if its clozer to Z then it will go slower,

-by knowing this, it seems like you got a bad processor, but it might turn out to be a new stepping and thus faster PRocessor???

WHO KNOWS??

I just posted there also. They were reffering to this:

AQZEA 0327TPBW.

Mines a B.

Regardless its up in the air untill I can test the chip. Or someone else gets one.

gamer004 said:
ohhhh, i thought the guy in this thread was taking about AQZEA

I am, now youre just confusing me.

I think you missread the post about "the third letter". They are refering to the third letter in the code listed after the week build numbers.

AQZEA is the stepping of my chip.

The week build is 2003, week 27 (0327).

Then the code containing that "third letter is TPBW, on this chip.

hmmm i just got a AQXEA TPBW 0328 so i dunno how itll do ill test it out tomorrow i find it weird that even tho i got a later week i have a AQXEA while as you have a AQZEA which is newer.... mine is a Y also

do all the green bartons look like that? the ceramic part of the chip has like these interconnects taht are visible.

Looks like it has that new package that makes it harder to meddle with bridges.. the only other time I saw that was on the Akiba PC-Hotline.

regardless, hope it does well :D

A buddy of mine just got a week 22 AQZEA from Ajump.com. He doesnt overclock though.

Just lettin you know, they are out there.

Chowdy said:
do all the green bartons look like that? the ceramic part of the chip has like these interconnects taht are visible.

the 1800+ i bought about a month ago was liek that.

and it's organic, not ceramic.

i think bartons have been out there long enough so that we'd be able to tell apart the good from the bad but we just can't it seems...

i bought an aqxea cause that's what i read in the barton cpu guide on this board and mine just sucks.... 2.2ghz at 1.85V... i even did some 'burning-in' by running it at 500mhz @ 1.825V and the cpu still doesn't overclock worth a ****.... i'm not even running fsb and mem in sync ffs and still only 2.2ghz :(

here's my cpu info: axda2500dkv4d 9771378281030 aqxea0327vpaw it's an A but i give it an F

Back