• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Value of the 9600pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewbiePerson

Ok, i am wondering about the 9600pro looks good and all and is about $100 less than the 9700 and 9800. So my question. Is this good value, able to play halflife 2 or doom 3 at say 1024*768 with light aa/af? Ok and if it is a good deal should I stick with the saphire version or a different version? I'm putting someone a pc together and it has to be $800 or lower i could go maybe $20 or so over $800 but thats about it.
TY

9500np is faster if you will OC them and 9500 Pro is faster if you don't OC at all.

I like the 9600Pro..
I am only an occasional gamer though, so it floats my boat happily..

SP

from what i hear an oc'ed 9600pro will smoke a 9500pro, and only way a 9500np will outperform it is with a successfull softmod. it's reasonable $-wise, has tons of oc headroom, and for what it's worth the guys a maximum pc dig it... but if left stock it's performance is crappy.

NewbiePerson said:
Ok, i am wondering about the 9600pro looks good and all and is about $100 less than the 9700 and 9800. So my question. Is this good value, able to play halflife 2 or doom 3 at say 1024*768 with light aa/af? Ok and if it is a good deal should I stick with the saphire version or a different version? I'm putting someone a pc together and it has to be $800 or lower i could go maybe $20 or so over $800 but thats about it.
TY

To answer your question the 9600 Pro is a good card and it will play the games you are interested in. A 9600 Pro overclocked competing against a 9500 Pro overclocked are both very equal, if you do a search you will find this to be true. The 9600 Pro's overclock very well.

The 9500 Pro overclocks very well but comes with 8 pipes. Stock to Stock I would pick a 9500 Pro if you never plan to overclock. If you plan to overclock I would still pick the Pro if cost diff is negligible. If there is a diff in 20+ in favour of the 9600 I would pick it and save some cash and overclock it.

Cisco KId

Back