• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Xaser III V1000A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vakkert_regn

Registered
As you guys can tell by my sig, I am looking into purchasing a Thermaltake Xaser and I was just reading some reviews and something that worries me is the following link:
http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cases/Tt_Xaser_III/pg_5.html

Basically it states that on some graphics card, it wont clamp down b/c it extends too far. I have a FX5600 and I wanna buy this case but I dont fully understand if my graphics card will work properly with it or not. So does anyone know that much about this case?

I have it, I like the way it looks. I did a real real simple mod to get my ti4200 in. All I did was pull the little plastic piece that rotates to hold it in out then screwed the card in with a screw... really puts the tools into tool less :) My drives were in with the toolless things too until I took out my hard drive bays lol. Its a nice case overall. I unplugged the blue Thermaltake in the front until I replace it or just leave it off, dunno.

that case looks sweet, i saw it at fry's an i was like :O the front panel is a lot of alluminum and the cooling is sweet, its not really expensive when you add the cost of

A) all those fans
B) the fanbus
C) the PSU (thermaltake 420W not a bad psu)
D) the little side fan thingy
E) window

features galore

also how doesnt a big graphics card fit? it looked like a chieftek case thats just modded..... but no real changes to the cahssies

The plastic clips they use in the tool-less installation are too big and will not fit over the graphics card, but like I said just remove the clip from that slot and pop a screw in there.

as for the vid card clamp, i just took a dremel to it and cut off the little piece that was in the way...it works fine now.

personally, i lov the case. i have the all alum version and have replaced the bluelit thermaltake with my own graphic...kinda a nice personalized touch.

and the 420 watt PSU...i am now on #4. the first was DOA, the senond DOA, the third worked long enough to install a few apps and after a reboot died, and now the forth again was DOA right out of the box. thank god i still had a few PSU's in the closet. have been using a 350 watt Antec so far. hopefully ill get my money back and get something else.

good luck

Last edited:
it has good airflow, toms hardware, and many other review sites give it a 10 for cooling properties, i thinks its the only case to get a 10 on cooling on tomshardware

im considering the v1420a myself, the psu got good reviews, and its alot cheaper (30$ more) to buy iut with the psu already in it then to spend 50++ on a separate psu. I think the case is great really 164 dollars at newegg, good cooling, the hardcano will be nice for controlling my 92mm tornado, and i think it looks pretty cool

id get the all aluminum version if it came in black, i cant really get a silver/white, all my drives and stuff are black along with monitor and keyboard o_O

I have the all aluminum version of this case in silver, the 2000A, I love the case, once you get all the fans configured it is flat out great. The case fans could be stronger in volume but I just replaced one rear with a Smart fan2 and the case is kept very cool.

Biggest drawback as said above is that new vid cards must be screwed in or just plugged in as I did, the clips do not work on new vid cards such as 9500 Pro or 9700 NP I have

I bought the case without a psu and added my own Enermax 365VE solid case

Cisco KID

I love the case!

Geforce 3 fitted fine into the screwless design, but bang-per-buck is great!

Just trying to work out how to change the graphic on the front panel (where Thermaltake glows blue) :D

I, like Cisco Kid bought my case without a PSU and added my own.

Blueacid

some quiet but weak fans. they are just called "ultra silent fans" on the website.

27 CFM, i think thats pretty decent if there almsot silent, but i may take the advice and put one exhuast as a SF2 just so it can kick it up a notch when the heat is on.

1. The Fanbus doesnt work properly.
2. The Grills and Filters are absolutely horrible.
3. It is cheaply built with easily warping sides.
4. You cant install a working baybus due to design of rails.
5. The Fans are crap, you can not tell which side is blowing air.

Get a Blizzard 360 or another good case from www.frozencpu.com

1. The Fanbus doesnt work properly.
2. The Grills and Filters are absolutely horrible.
3. It is cheaply built with easily warping sides.
4. You cant install a working baybus due to design of rails.
5. The Fans are crap, you can not tell which side is blowing air.

Get a Blizzard 360 or another good case from www.frozencpu.com

-Whats wrong with the fanbus? It slows the fans down and speeds them up when you want it :D

-The grills are fine - but easily removed with a dremel if you want

-How the hell have you managed to warp a metal case? :eek:

-Good point

-You can - the air comes out one side, but the fans are really quiet :D

Vakkert_regn - I have the Enermax CS-10181B (Casetek OEM, same as the Xaser3) To get back to the original question, you can just remove the clip and use a regular screw to attach the card or do what I did:
cardhold.jpg

AMD_me - The fanbus works. It's not the best but better than most on the market. The fan grills aren't that great but most of us are modders too, right? :D I'm not done with the case yet but with a dremel, you can make a good case even better.

sidepanel.jpg

sidepanel2.jpg

frontfan2.jpg

frontfan1.jpg

-Bobby

Back