• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can a tbird 850 make it to 1gig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DEFINATELY so-just unlock it and drop the multipler to 7.5 (thats is 8.0 wont work)and up the FSB to 133 that will give you 997.5, but actually that board could do 9.0x133 easy!!!!!! That's 1197-basically 1.2 gig

My 750 hits 1035.

Nice and stable. Wont do much more though. I would think that your 850 should at least do the same.

It depends on your cooling and how high you are willing to push the core volts. The best thing to do is take it up real slow. First raise the speed, if you get unstable, raise the vcore a little. Keep doing that until the temps or stability prevent it.

Fiz

Fiz (Apr 13, 2001 07:33 p.m.):
It depends on your cooling and how high you are willing to push the core volts. The best thing to do is take it up real slow. First raise the speed, if you get unstable, raise the vcore a little. Keep doing that until the temps or stability prevent it.

Fiz

i agree with above post. can you adjust 1mhz at a time? also don't raise v core no more than .25 at a time.
mine running at 800 @ 968mhz v core 1.75

vital to use good grease don't settle for paste sticker comes with hsf. Yak.

Just max the core out and try it. Most likely it will hit 1 GHz, and if you are lucky you might take it to 1.1 GHz. You won't get much beyond that with a green core. If you compare your processor code to those in the CPU database, you might have a better idea of what it might do.

Back