• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 gig from TCWO....any NON AXIA's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aftershock

It seems that a whole lot of people are getting AXIA's from TCWO... My original plan was 1.33.

Anways, anyone get a NON AXIA 1 gig from TCWO? As I DO NOT want to get stuck with a AVIA or anything less than the 1.33's (plan to OC to 1.5)

I emailed them yesterday and got a response today and they told me that all of their 1gighz 266fsb tbirds are of the AXIA type.

I just ordered mine today. I will let u know what I get when it comes in.

Aaron

For all intents and purposes, AVIAs are just about as good, so I wouldn't really be too concerned about getting one.

ALL 1GIG are AXIA's?! sweet!

ya AVIA's are good, but we are OC'er here... we must have da best!

1.33 axia's and 1.0 axia's are identical right? I just want to make sure.

Aftershock (Apr 15, 2001 03:48 p.m.):

This is not correct. I know for certain not all 1 ghz 200 mhz FSB CPU's are not AXIA, as I have owned one that is not. As for 1 ghz 266 mhz FSB CPU's, I have heard that some of them are AVIA, but i guess its not that common. My CPU should be here Friday or so, so i'll let you know what I get :)

Aaron

Aftershock (Apr 15, 2001 03:48 p.m.):

There is no conclusive proof that AXIAs are necessarily better than AVIAs. Since your mileage may vary with any chip, I would suspect that they come out to be around the same.

Got my 1GHz from TCWO. It is AVIA. Funny thing is, its a week 13 chip, whereas my AXIA chips were older. Also, the L1 bridges are locked.

DAMN, just got my Tbird 1GHz from TCWO today, It's AVIA0113TPAW, tried it all day, and only could get to work on 8.5 x 133. If I go for 9x, it won't post anything. The average CPU temp was just about 41C. and it seems to work fine on 12.5 x 100. Why I can't go any higher??? WHY WHY WHY?? Is there something wrong with my configration? or this CPU just sucks? Any suggestion will be great!!! BTW, my motherboard is Epox 8KTA3.

stool (Apr 19, 2001 11:26 p.m.):
Got my 1GHz from TCWO. It is AVIA. Funny thing is, its a week 13 chip, whereas my AXIA chips were older. Also, the L1 bridges are locked.

what is it clocked to? I haave a week 10 AVIA running rock solid at 1233 (137x9) posts as high as 1472 (155x9.5)heat is the major stability issue AVIA is a fine code waiting for a millenium hs as i dont plan on H20 well not yet anyway

axia seeker (Apr 21, 2001 04:56 a.m.):
DAMN, just got my Tbird 1GHz from TCWO today, It's AVIA0113TPAW, tried it all day, and only could get to work on 8.5 x 133. If I go for 9x, it won't post anything. The average CPU temp was just about 41C. and it seems to work fine on 12.5 x 100. Why I can't go any higher??? WHY WHY WHY?? Is there something wrong with my configration? or this CPU just sucks? Any suggestion will be great!!! BTW, my motherboard is Epox 8KTA3.
what kind of memory you running? check the CPU DBs as AVIA seem to be representing a fine O"clockability.

Thanks for the reply, jgaud. I didn't think the memory was the problem, since it worked fine on 8.5(-)x133 with all the same memory settings. However, I changed the memory with a name brand one anyway, ..... Still, ...the same result... Now I am running it at 12.5 X 106 (1325MHz) (1.775V) Prime95--> 47C. I checked the CPU DBs, but I couldn't find anyone with AVIA week 13. Seeing those people with 1400+ and high FSB really makes me sad.... WHY? WHY? WHY? BTW, when I use the WCPUID V3.0, it always shows me higher bus speed. Like now the BIOS is 106, the WCPUID shows 110. when it's 104, the WCPUID shows 108. Which one is more accurate?

Aman99 (Apr 20, 2001 12:05 a.m.):
Yeah stool, but what does it overclock to? :)

Aaron
I am still tinkering with my 1.33(266), and haven't even got around to playing with this one yet. I just made sure it was operable in another box.

Back