• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Spray Paint Will Make my Heater Core Mod Look Chrome?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cytomax

Hello all i just bought a Chevrolet 1971 Impala Heater Core and would like to paint this bad boy to make it look like a shiny perrrrrdy metalic silvery metal so i guess chrome is the color im looking for.

1) What brand would be a good spray paint to use on this.
2) Where can i get it online and or locally?

Thanks
Eddie

All the chrome spraypaint I've seen and used isn't worth the cash. It goes on and is shiney, but not reflective. When you wetsand it, it loses the shiney and goes dull real quick. Not too fun... Try to find a chrome shop around and see how much they'll charge to triple chrome plate the heatercore.

it would probably be to hard to even try to use chrom paint, outdoors on a car engine..

unreal said:
it would probably be to hard to even try to use chrom paint, outdoors on a car engine..

I dont think its going back on the car... Hes probably going to use it in a water cooling setup. The heaterblock on the older chevys are quite nice as radiators in watercooling setups.

Back