• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TB 1100Mhz/100FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Punkie

Registered
Just bought the 1.1G/100FSB Thunderbird with MSI K7-Master-S Mobo and 128mb Twinmos PC2100 ddr-ram. Fixed it up and overclocked it to run at 1209Mhz with Multiplier at 11 and FSB settings at 110/37Mhz. Vcore Voltage is at 1.75Mhz. CPU temperature is 50 Max.( I live near the Equator...Asia where its hot all year round) Can someone tell me wat the factory operating Vcore Voltage for this CPU pls? And did i do anything wrong with the overclocking that i've mentioned? Will i damage the CPU if the VCore Voltage is set lower than default even if the system is running stable? Kindly advice. Help appreciated and Thanks.

default should be 1.65 or so, it is actually better if you can be stable at lower voltages being as it creates less heat, 50C IS a little warm though, you might want to look into water cool options in the near future

Punkie (Apr 14, 2001 06:47 a.m.):
Just bought the 1.1G/100FSB Thunderbird with MSI K7-Master-S Mobo and 128mb Twinmos PC2100 ddr-ram. Fixed it up and overclocked it to run at 1209Mhz with Multiplier at 11 and FSB settings at 110/37Mhz. Vcore Voltage is at 1.75Mhz. CPU temperature is 50 Max.( I live near the Equator...Asia where its hot all year round) Can someone tell me wat the factory operating Vcore Voltage for this CPU pls? And did i do anything wrong with the overclocking that i've mentioned? Will i damage the CPU if the VCore Voltage is set lower than default even if the system is running stable? Kindly advice. Help appreciated and Thanks.
AMD says the minimun voltage for that processor is 1.65, 1.75 normal, and 1.85 maximum. You are well within their specs and therefore should be safe at those speeds. The temp is ok too although a bit high for my tastes. I dont like to see anything above about 20c but then I'm a bit extreme. AMD says that processor can run at temps up to 95c thought they dont say for how long or how stable. Your temps are fine.

Back