• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGGA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlackAngel

Hi!
I have a Thunderbird 900 here and it has a writing AGGA...it seems to have a blue core. Is it any good for overclocking?

cya,

BA

we`ll never know until you try.. i think that is part of the fun buying a new chip and pushing it to the limits....pre tester`s begone........ ;D

I don't know much about the codes, but I have a tbird 800 AFFA here - which is a very early code I do beleive - it won't even do 950. Good thing i have a friend whos buying it.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but I reckno it won;t O/C much. But worth a shot!

sorry for replying so l8, but I have problems with this Board, allthough I have dsl..

maybe I will....the only problem is, the chip belongs to my sister ;-)
I was just wondering cause I'll get a watercooling within the next two weeks and a TB 1 GHZ. But I would surely take the TB 900 if I get that one higher than the 1 GHZ.
I'll post the code of the 1 GHZ once I get it.
Thx for the reply

cya,

BA

the higher up on the alphabet the letters are, the better it will overclock. Example:

agga is less than axia the highest rated overclocker

I have that chip and can get a hair over 1100mhz. Strange though, it can be stable for weeks and then I have to clock it down to 1050mhz. I have the ABIT KT7 board. I would like to put it on the KT7A board and see how it does.

I have a Thunderbird 900 AGGA code

Running it on a KT7A-Raid and a Stock (for now) FOP32-1.

You can see in my signature that it does 1000 @ 1.70v (1.75v is default).

I have not "unlocked" the CPU yet, so I have only Overclocked with the FSB.

The AGGA should definatly run you in the 1050+ range, and from what I've seen, it should MAX out at a little over 1100...

There is a guy on here who has an AGGA running 1120, and I have seen 1116 (although, I dont think I can run that) and the previous replyier was 1102.

I have posted @ 1116 I think was the highest I have seen so far... I am waiting to unlock the cpu to see what it will really do!

I am putting that off until I have all the proper cooling... I have (2) 92mm 51cfm fans ready to go into my case now, I just purchased a good power supply (Enermax 365), I'll be putting a 80mm blowhole in the top of the case and lapping the fop32-1. After all that, I'm putting a Panaflo HO on the FOP32, which should give me a FOP38 level of cooling.

My goal was to get 1050Mhz out of the 900 chip, and it will do that even before unlocking it, so I know it will run that speed comfrtably... Not a bad overclock, not bad at all. Of course I will be shooting for 1100Mhz+ Stable, but I have no desire to run it over 1100Mhz.

I have a week 50 2000 AGGA 900 Athlon and have ran it at 1050 with no noticeable instablity (not software related)

Goldwing (Apr 16, 2001 07:40 a.m.):
I have a week 50 2000 AGGA 900 Athlon and have ran it at 1050 with no noticeable instablity (not software related)
Goldwing, I have the same setup (including chip date) as you do. I cannot get my multiplier any higher than 9.5. Can you?

vettepartz (Apr 16, 2001 03:56 p.m.):
Goldwing (Apr 16, 2001 07:40 a.m.):
Goldwing, I have the same setup (including chip date) as you do. I cannot get my multiplier any higher than 9.5. Can you?
Yes I haven't hit any multipliers that locked me out, but I had to reset my CMOS when I changed my FSB to 133 and multiplier of 7.5. It gave a black screen...I was sweating for a while. I had just read of a similar occurence that day so I had a clue how to recover.

Vettepartz,
I forgot how confident are you that your L1 bridges are all unlocked. Sometimes if you don't get them all joined properly you only enable certain multipliers. What can look to be a good closing of the bridges is sometimes not complete (even at 20X magnification). Hope this helps.

Goldwing - I had a very difficult time with the bridges as the defogger paint would dry too quickly on whatever applicator I tried. I'll go back and try again using some other method. Thanks very much for the advice.

900 T-Bird 9.5X111 1.75 Vcore

Back