• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the max voltage i should be using?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

badberry

I have a k6/2 400 mhz computer and i was wondering what the max voltage i should be using is. I cant get anything besides 420 mhz to work right (anything above locks up in diablo 2), and ive tried voltages up to 2.4 V. Should i be going higher than this?

1.85 core and 3.5 i/o is generally safe. Watch your temps carefully though as long as your core stays below 50' celcius I would not worry. Beyond that I would *really* watch my temps. <g>. 2.85 core sounds pretty radical to me.

Sirfin~

1.85 is usually the max, board mods can get you up to 2.05V, but you will need watercooling for that kind of juice

Guys, he is talking about a k6-2 here, it probably wouldn't even boot at 1.85. Badberry, if you have good cooling you can probably get away with 2.6 or so, i've seen a couple of people go that high with some success. Like I said, just check your temps, make sure they are in check.

Fiz

I've takin my roomies K6-2 500 up to 3.0 volts tryin to get it to stabalize at 600 but it just wouldnt. But the chip didnt get damaged.......

badberry (Apr 15, 2001 03:55 p.m.):
I have a k6/2 400 mhz computer and i was wondering what the max voltage i should be using is. I cant get anything besides 420 mhz to work right (anything above locks up in diablo 2), and ive tried voltages up to 2.4 V. Should i be going higher than this?

unfortunately k6/2 is not oc friendly, i got 575 out of 500mhz and died shortly. result usually is not worthwhile.
duron 800 @ 1064mhz.

Back