• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMDs and Peltiers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Westie

I would love to get some feedback on people experiences/opinions on using peltiers with AMDs, in particular durons using air cooling

I tried it on a Duron 700. I used an 85 W peltier with an Alpha PEP66T heatsink and a Delta 38 CFM fan.

with a global win FOP-32 that i used before, i got 980 mhz stable, with the Alpha and the peltier I got 1020 mhz stable. Not worth the hassle if you ask me. I think to really be effictive in cooling these CPU's , u need like a 100W peltier and watercooling.

Aaron

I have a little 85 watt pelt on my T-bird 800 and it works great. I didnt want a bigger one because I didn't want the temp to be that low because of condensation. My chip runs right at 17c full load with my case temp at 30c (it's gettin hot here in CA) and thats just about right, not too high but not below the dew point so condensation is not a worry. It's just about perfect. One thing though, pelts give off a lot of heat, the total load on my radiator is 85watts (peltier) + 50.7 watts my CPU is generating = 135.7 watts of heat that needs to go somewhere and the way my setup is, fresh air coming into the case throught the radiator. So all that heat is going right into my case. You need good exhaust out of your case to get rid of all that heat. When I get my full tower I'm gonna put the radiator so that it exhausts out the back.

i had a watercooled 118w pelt on my duron 600@[email protected] and it really wasn't worth the effort. i cut my temps down a bit, but not enough to warrant all the condensation sealing, etc, etc.

i think that cooling the tbird in general is an easier task, because of it's substantially larger surface area, so maybe tbirds and pelts have more joy together. for a duron though, i wouldn't recommend it.

Back