• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR mobo and good cooling for a 1.2 or 1.3 266 fsb Athlon ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MICHEL

Helloo ppl,
I am from Portugal so first I must say: sorry my english...
I am thinking of buying a new DDR mobo with an Athlon 1.2 or 1.3 with 266 Mhz fsb but I have lot of questions:
- I was thinking of buying the Asus A7M mobo but I'm hearing from several ppl that it is really really instable and because of that Asus has stopped to produce and to sell it... is that right ???
- I have also heared from several people that 1.3 Athlons with 266 fsb are really really instable... is that correct ???
- I know that I must have a good cooling system for this CPU and I'm thinking of buying a Swiftek MC 370-0A (I know the MC462-A is better but it's just impossible to find one here!) or a ThermoEngine because I heared this one is really good too... what do you think about this??? Should I buy one of them or buy a Peltier ??? Is it difficult to install a Peltier??? What do I need to know ??? Water cooling is difficult to install ???
I just told you that my DDR memory will be Crucial PC2100 and I'm thinking of buying the new MSi KT266 instead of the Asus A7M, is this one better than the Asus A7A with the Ali chipset ???
Thank you for helping me to decide and to get a really godd stable machine... here in Portugal it's rather difficult to talk about this to ppl who know what they're talking about...
One more time thank you...

go with the iwill ka266r (version 1.3)
crucial pc2100

very good results for me, also look into the aquastealth2 watercooling kit from becooling

peltiers need a lot of additional work to be productive for you
(I.E.- better heat dissipation methods/ condensation proofing)

Back