• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drivers for MSI Geforce4 ti4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skaz

Is there any specific driver that works best with my card (MSI Geforce4 ti4200 8X) I am currently using the nVidia 45.23's i guess they work ok but I dont know if they really are good. I play Counter-Strike and for some reason with the machine i have the graphics seem choppy. I have RefreshForce and I have eerything updated. Should i run 3DMark2001 er something. That only tests Direct3d though so i dont think i should run it. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Hey Tony

And welcome to the forums...

A lot of people ask what the best drivers are, so you're bound to find some good advice if you use the search option in the upper right corner of the forums.

Personally I can always advise you to visit Guru 3D and have a look around... they offer lots of stuff for most gfx cards.

The 4523's have, as far as I know, received some praise, but mainly for the Geforce FX cards... But my best bet is they'll do nicely as long as you don't plan on tweaking the card beyond reasonable limits.

Cheers, Flix

Skaz said:
Is there any specific driver that works best with my card (MSI Geforce4 ti4200 8X) I am currently using the nVidia 45.23's i guess they work ok but I dont know if they really are good. I play Counter-Strike and for some reason with the machine i have the graphics seem choppy. I have RefreshForce and I have eerything updated. Should i run 3DMark2001 er something. That only tests Direct3d though so i dont think i should run it. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
I am curious why CS runs choppy using a 4200 vid card?
Could you post your specs so I could take a gander?

I have an Asus ti4200 that runs best with the latest drivers from Asus downloads. I've tried the latest nvidia and some hacked drivers, but non really improved performance. There was only a very slight difference in 3D scores among all the drivers. You might consider the latest drivers from MSI.

Here are my specs... Nothing is Oc'd

Gigabyte GA-7VAXP
AMD Athlon 1.497 (266 FSB)
512 PC 2100 (266)
Maxtor 30 GB (8 MB cache) ata 100/133
MSI ti4200 128 DDR 8x
Creative DVD ROM 12x
LiteOn 48x CD-RW
Windows 2000 SP4
All updated to the max
Directx 9.0a even though my card does not support it
VIA Hyperion 4in1 v4.49