• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where 2 by 1.33t-bird?what hsf 2 get? compatibility....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lunchbox!

Ok, folks, I am purchasing an AMD T-bird 1.33GHz w/266MHz FSB. Where should I get it from? Newegg is a good site, but they r out of them. What heatsink do you think I should get? I was pondering the new swiftech MC462....Is that going to be compatible with an iwill ka266-r mobo? I would think so, but I'm just making sure. Where should I get my HSF from?

They are out? I noticed a problem last week and posted here asking if there is a shortage in the distribution channels. The only 266's I see available at the distribution level is the 1.2.

Terry

i use pricewatch religiously with great results
the alphas of win-fops are great heatsink fans

I use a Swiftech MC-462A. It is without equal for air cooling. I can run my 1G/266 AXIA Tbird at 10x150 @1.88Vcore (87W) and the temps stay under 40C running Prime95 Torture. Of course, you pay for performance, but if you think of it as a long-term investment, it's not too bad. If money is not a question, go with a good water cooling setup.

Hoot

I just received one from newegg.com, that I ordered on the 10th. It will run on the KA266, just remeber that takes DDR

Back