• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I fry my TB 1330??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
M

Marc

Hey there.
My system config is: Abit KT7A , AMD TB 1330, case 400w, and 256MB PC133 RAM.

I have the following problem. After having mounted the Alpha Pal 6035 onto my Thunderbird my system would post up with 1000 Mhz. Since I bought a 1330 TB I set the frequency to 133 Mhz. Now my system wouldn't post. I used the clear cmos jumper and tried again to change the multiplier (my L1 bridge isn't modified since ot seems that I bought one with connected L1 bridges). Now my system didn't post again. After having used the cmos jumper again my system wouldn't post and the power seems to turn off after 3 seconds, so what can be done in order to keep the system power on now? It remains on when I have not installed the CPU into the socket....is it maybe fried. When I insert the CPU again the PC shuts down after 2-3 seconds. What is wrong?

Could it maybe have to do with problems I had installing the PAL 6035? The little 4 stickers on my T-Bird seemed to create too much distance to the heatsink. I applied some thermal grease but I don't know if it did actually touch the CPU. But since every T-Birds are equiped with such stickers on each corner the cooler should have touched the core because of the spring that supplies enough force right???

Thanx for any help.....
Marc

Some Abits need a fan connected to no1 cpu fan connector. If no fan is connected they wont boot. This can be disabled in later bios'es I think.

Hi

This might me right, but I can't even access my BIOS because the power shuts down after about 3 seconds when my CPU is installed. So, anyway, my fan is connected to number one connector...

Is it possible that termal grease causes my problems, maybe it has touched some of the other parts of my CPU except for the core for example the cache. Does this cause any problems??

I need help and I'm dying because I don't know what I could do in order to get this chip to work.

Dont worry, you can spill a full barrel of thermal paste all over your system without damaging anything. This stuff is non conductive.

Simply connect the cpu fan to header #1 and your problems should be gone.

In the short lifetime of my T-bird 1Ghz I tried this feature to see how well it worked, these are the exact symptoms it gives.

hth

pete

if it aint broke, fix it until it is

Eriksson (Apr 19, 2001 03:11 p.m.):
Some Abits need a fan connected to no1 cpu fan connector. If no fan is connected they wont boot. This can be disabled in later bios'es I think.

Back