• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AVIA 1.33GHZ how is this possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MsNath

I almost cried today when I picked up my replacement CPU.

I fried my original 1.33Ghz after 30 seconds in BIOS under normal conditions. So I RMAd it. This morning I was reading about the new batch of 1.33GHz the IZIA batch and I started to get excited thinking my replacement might be one of these new breeds.

I then recieved my 1.33 RMA about 3 hours later, I quickly checked the batch code and it says IVIA!!! How is this possible. I thought all 1.33 were at least IXIA.

I'm so pissed. I'm not sure what to do.... I'm contemplating not installing it and taking it back and asking for a CPU with a newer batch number. .. But I don't want to wait another 2 weeks for another CPU!!!

UUGH

Shoot, I just finished installing the chip. I don't have the rest of the lines of code...

What will the other lines tell you?

The first line will provide the chip and bus speed. The second line provides the infamous "code" and week of manufacture. The third line I'm still trying to decipher.

Terry

the first line indicates a 1.33 chip at 266. I checked that when I noticed the old batch code.

Here is a good one. Just got a 1GHz
A1000AMT3C
AVIA0113TPAW
Newer chip with older code.
I had heard that the AXIA chips had disappeared, and this could be a good clue to that effect.

I've heard the best Overclokers are AXIA (best) and AVIA. But hold on.... there's a new kid on the block (iv'e heard) called AZIA. This one's so fast you have to turn your computer on 2 hours after you start running programs so it don't get ahead of you. :*S* Well... it's pretty fast .. A friend of mine has one in his computer and has to run in another power line from the pole at 440Volt with a 4K watt power supply. When they are not using the comuter to compute with, his wife often warms up the evening meal. Works better than her microwave. *S*

Anyway.. since I only have the 850MHz Athlon, I sure wouldn't scoff at ANY 1.333 MHz AMD. How much difference there is to the human eye between 1.3 and 1.5 GHz.. I don't know.

Cheers!

No difference to the eye. But plenty to the ego :) I don't OC for the extra performance I OC for the fun of it and the faster I can go the more fun I'm having :)

Tachyon (Apr 19, 2001 09:10 p.m.):
Can you post all 3 lines of code from the chip....please??
I have all the numbers from 2 T-bird 1200 200fsb chips, 1 1200 266fsb chip, and 1 800 200fsb chip if your interested

Back