• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC this 1.33

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is you room temp really 29C? That is very hot and I think it would be hard to OC to these fast speeds under those conditions. Never mind the puter at 29C I would need a cooling solution for me :) My room temp is 19-20C. With a hot room like that have you ever considered chilled water cooling? A water block and a radiator outside would work wonders since the outside temp was 10C.

ken257 (Apr 20, 2001 11:46 a.m.):
Is you room temp really 29C? That is very hot and I think it would be hard to OC to these fast speeds under those conditions. Never mind the puter at 29C I would need a cooling solution for me :) My room temp is 19-20C. With a hot room like that have you ever considered chilled water cooling? A water block and a radiator outside would work wonders since the outside temp was 10C.

Whoops my mistake my room temp is 21c Or at least thats what the case is reading the room it self is probably a couple degrees less than that.

I have been watching your posts for the past several days and I had to jump in here and congratulate you on a good recovery to such a bad start. The O/C Gods must be on your side. Way to go !!!

Glad to see you got your new chip and every thing is going good. Great jod o/cing it . bump your voltage to 1.85 and you should be able to get over 1600. I got 1612 out of mine. But that is with watercooling. Keep going.

nice overclock!

try putting a delta on that pal6035. my duron at 1.89v and 1100mhz idles at 38C with my delta-enabled pal6035! and full load temps only take it as high as 42-43C! i believe it's the delta that keeps the difference between idle and full load that low. also, i live in the southern tip of africa, where my ambient temps are a wee bit higher than yours to say the least. my case temp is currently 25C, but can go as high as 35C on a hot day! i think the delta would do wonders for you in such a cold climate! and it's not that loud! :)

Great job on the ocing !!!

My opinion is trash that alpha ,,NOW it is a great heat sink but,, has trouble cooling any 1.2 or higher Amd that is oced,My 1.2 at 1.46 seriously pushes the cooling abilities of my alpha 6035.I know for a fact that in the summer I will have to back down my speed or get a water cooling system !!!

You may try this if you havent already,FSB 150 and start at 9x,,And raise the chip slowly,,My ABIT did not like to many fsb settings but loved the 150,Problem I ran into was heat after a few hours,So i ordered a new chip set heat sink and fan to try to stabilize her.In the mean time I run stable at 11x133 .

The HSF is on its way out. I have ordered my water kit and it should be here in 3 weeks.

MsNath (Apr 21, 2001 09:04 a.m.):
The HSF is on its way out. I have ordered my water kit and it should be here in 3 weeks.

Is it possible that one of your Apacer sticks does not like the higher FSB. Did you try running it with just one memory stick?

Yo

Back