• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

music plays..... SCREEEECH....comp freezes....????!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlush

Hey

Innocently lol, listening to music, out of the blue, a nasty, loud, screeching noise is heard, after 1 second, my comp jsut freezes. Has anyone ever had this? Or know how to fix it? Is it the music file? Or is it my computer?

XP pro
1700+ default
ecs k7s5a
512 sdr

that's a good question. have you tried playing other music files? do you have the most recent drivers for your mobo/soundcard?

hmmm, It's hapened with other files, but when i replay a bad file, it works fine the 2nd time, that's why i have a feeling it has something to do with my system... I dunno... It's my dad's comp, so he could have ****ed around with it without knowing what he did.....

Is it onboard or a sound card - if so what sound card is it? Is it possible to try a different sound card? Maybe that one is FUBAR or something? But definitely make sure you have the latest drivers for both, the motherboard and sound card.

old via boards have latency issues that cause audio/video to often freeze a computer. i bet something along that line is happening. and yes i see that its not a via board but it is something to consider

Back