• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system, no luck...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Khraiven

I've upgraded my system just recently, but have not had any luck getting it running.

These are the new pieces:
MB: IWill KA266-R (Ali Magic chipset)
Processor: 1.3 (modified by http://ocz.safeshopper.com/ for overclocking)
Memory: 2x256 MB DDR2100 DIMMS, from Crucial.

There are not many settings on the MB, of which i've tried all at defaults, and have no luck, nothing happens. The only switches I have connected for testing purposes is the power switch and PC Speaker, so I can atleast hear if something is working. I've tried manually setting the multiplier to 8 (x133) and 10 (x133), no luck. Another setting is the buss speed, I've tried both 100 and 133. The only other setting I can see that has any weight is the memory voltage, of which I've left at the default of 2.5 thoughout my testing.

Oh yes, I have also tried putting in a PCI video card in place of my AGP video card, to make sure it wasn't that. And being I have 2 memory DIMMS, I've tried both solo, to make sure one of them wasn't bad. That leaves the CPU and MB for question, I suppose.

Any ideas? I've been at it for some time now and have had no luck...

Thanks a lot!!

Here are afew reviews that talked about compatability of the KA 266 with some components.

Here is the FAQ on the KK 266-R, maybe they have a few things in common. I used this resource when first booting my board.

Hope this is of some help.

Thanks for the links, but none of them seem to cover issues with not booting. I can't get anything to post. The FAQ link you gave me is for the KK266, do you know of one for the KA266?

Thanks.

Back