• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron 900 Overclocking results?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aman99

Hi, I am wondering what kind of overclocking results people are getting with these CPU's so if you could post your results, or link me to some reviews taht show some results that would be great! Thanks!

Aaron

in general, more likely, any AMD CPU is able to get about 250 to 300mhz more from its original default value.... So your CPU, with Luck, work and maybe sweet and tear... just kidding... may get to 900+250= 1150 or perhaps 1200mhz. All with the exception of those Ocing Kings, the early 600 Durons and the late 1G Axia Tbirds. AMD rules for now :) :) :)

I have read of the 900's running in the mid 1100's ...

The older Durons seemed to max out (with exception) around 1050, looks like the newer steppings will run a bit faster. I read the reviews just after the 900's were released, don't remember now where for certain. Check Annand's site. http://www.anandtech.com

I have not found anyone that has attempted any sort of real attempt to overclock a Duron 900. As AMD is always tweaking the production processes, your chance of achieving a stable 1.2Ghz seems entirely possible. The stepping code on the Duron 900s that I have seen is 'ANCA', and there is some anecdotal evidence from a few review sites that this should be a reasonable overclocker.

It will most likely not turn out to be in the 50%+ range. Something along the lines of perhaps 35%. It appears that with the relatively small price differential, that most are opting to overclock T-birds, yours truly included.

T

Megahurtz (Apr 21, 2001 08:43 p.m.):
It appears that with the relatively small price differential, that most are opting to overclock T-birds, yours truly included.

T

I agree.... AMD's list price for a Duron 900 is like $5 less than for a TBird 900..... even though a Duron may overclock more, a TBird is a more powerful chip even if it's 100-150 MHz slower. I'd say if you're gonna get a Duron right now, get one of the slower models (600, 650 or 700 as they are all the same price on pricewatch) or get an 800. Anything else, and you're paying too much for performance and overclockability.

SickBoy

so u saying that a TB @ 850 is as god as a Duron @ 950-1000? Well in this case i really dont understand people who buy durons, coz the price diff is risicuously small.

mat

At the time I brought my Duron the price difference was larger than it is now although with UK prices a large difference still remains and therefore I would still buy a Duron for the simple reason that it gives all the performance I currently need and the money saved I put towards better cooling and other items which will be of better use when I eventually upgrade. Dont underestimate the Duron its big performance for the price, perhaps the 900 isnt as being new its priced accordingly, but the 800 is worth a look... and if you kill it, so what, its a cheap CPU

------------
Duron 800 @ 1035 with Global Win FOP-32 <-- Going faster again
Abit KT7A-Raid Mobo
512 mb (133 mhz Crucial Stuff)
Elsa Gforce with Blue Orb (modified to display as a Quadro and overclocked http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/quadro/ )
Sound Blaster Live
Hard Drive Cooler
Full Tower With 5 Fans (120 mm) with seperate PSU

Back