• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Winsonic Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nathan_g

:(
Subject: Tweaking the Bios to be able to install newer Processors?

I have a Winsonic WSV6A07 Motherboard - Up to what speed of processor can I put in this board. Is there a way to put Athlon Xp Processor on this board, like processor over 2.0 ghz.

Chipset - VIA KT 133 Chipset(VT8363/686A)
Can I use higher processor speed greater that Athlon Duron 1.3ghz
I tried inserting a Athlon XP 2.2ghz and the board recognized it as a Athlon Xp 1.3 ghz only
can i do some tweaking to let the board recognize the right processor speed.

First of All, I have a AWARD Type of Bios; Award Modular BIOS v6.00PGN
Second at the Frequency/Voltage Control Option at the CPU Host Clock(CPU/PCI) Settings;
I have the following options:
Default ........[X] the default value is enable
100/33mhz(Spd On) ........[ ]
100/33mhz(Spd Off) ........[ ] Not Highlighted
110/33mhz(Spd Off) ........[ ] Not Highlighted
115/38mhz(Spd Off) ........[ ] Not Highlighted
Third my bios is :BIOS-2M (2K000725A) - Found on top of screen.
Fourth my bios Date : 07/25/2000-8363-686A-6A6LMPR9C-00

At the Bios Set-up, at the Cpu Setting I can set the speed but the other options are not highlighted only the default and the 100/33 are highlighted. How can I highlight the others. I think if I can highlight the other options I might let it accept newer processors or do I need to upgrade my Bios, but I have one problem I can no longer find the said company in the internet. Can you help me with it.

Back